By invading walls where salts and nitrates meet, humidity leaves traces on facades, as well as many inconveniences inside buildings:
- Destruction of wall and floor coatings: blistered paintwork and tapestry, swollen baseboards and water-damaged wooden floors.
- Crumbling walls, plaster and coating.
- Decaying wainscoting (staircase, beams…), with the development of dried and rotten fungi.
- Spreading of mould.
- Appearance of saltpetre and whitish, fibrous deposit caused by mineral salts present in the water.
Smells caused by humidity
Fouled water in walls systematically increases the ambient air’s degree of humidity by evaporating into the room. As it increases the development of bacteria and appearance of mould, this ambient humidity is easily noticed by the unpleasant, persistent and characteristic smell it leaves behind.
Humidity presents serious health risks, standing as a trigger or amplifier of many diseases:
- Respiratory disorders: chronic cough, rhinitis, bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia.
- Allergic and immunological reactions: conjunctivitis, eczema, dermatitis.
- Toxic reactions: sore throat and eyes.
- Neurological reactions: headaches, vertigo, alertness and fatigue, depression.
- Infectious diseases.
- Rheumatisms, arthrosis.
Carefor human health and the environment
By decreasing over-damped spaces, our drying solution protects you from health risks. Assessed and approved as compliant with EU standards (EN 61000-6-3, EN 61000-6-1), the drying process is entirely harmless for human health. With a low energy foot-print, it contributes to preserve the environment.